We like to be prepared and never mind a Mary Poppins joke! Our standard organizing kit currently consists of two shoulder bags and a few larger items.
1. The bag of tricks: The bag itself is a Baggallini, a line designed by travel agents to be the ultimate carry-ons. We love all the compartments!
- Outside pocket #1: DYMO Label Manager 280 and charger (no worrying about batteries)
- Outside pocket #2: Eco-friendly all-purpose wipes
- Inside, in labeled gallon baggies, in a variety of sizes, colors, etc.:
Tapes & adhesives
Bags & baggies
Tags & ties
Label tape cartridges
Protective equipment (i.e. gloves, shoe covers, masks)
Picture hanging kit
Magic sliders & felt pads
2. The bag of tools:
- In an Art Bin:
Pliers (for moving shelf pegs)
Lemon oil (for removing stickers)
Tape measures (hard and soft)
- A folder with card-stock & large printable labels
- Office supply kit: sharpies, pens, pencils, highlighter, oil pen, binder clips, paper clips…
- Micro-fiber cloths
3. The bigger stuff:
- Lifetime 4’ adjustable height folding table(s): these raise up to 36,” key for working while standing
- Step ladder
- Contractor bags: our favorite are the Target brand
- Large clear recycling bags, such as Ultrasac
- Stackable hampers for sorting
4. Just when needed:
- Rolling garment racks
- Instant camera
- Laminating machine
- Home office shredder (we call a shredding truck for bigger jobs)
Want sources for anything that’s not linked? Are we missing your favorite organizing tool? Let us know!
SK Organizing may be rewarded as an Amazon Affiliate for purchases made via some of these links.